2. GigliFans of “Bennifer,” as Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck were once known in the media, hoped to see the romance come alive on the big screen. Unfortunately, the movie about a mobster who falls for a lesbian hired to kidnap the brother of a federal prosecutor fell flat. Perhaps it was a sign of things to come, as the celebrated couple split not long after filming.
3. From Justin to KellyStaring American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson and the first runner-up from the first season of the hit show, From Justin to Kelly was a major flop. The choreography was so bad, a special Razzie Award, the Governor's Award, was created just for it. The movie has been called one of the worst musicals of all time.
4. Batman & RobinIt just goes to show that even A-list celebs can have a movie flop. When George Clooney took a turn as Batman, no one every expected the movie would be a total dud. Unfortunately, Clooney's campy portrayal of the superhero, combined with the subpar acting of his costars, led to a box office and critical disappointment.
5. Freddy Got FingeredA bizarre movie from funnyman Tom Green, Freddy Got Fingered managed to break even, much to the chagrin of movie critics. Plagued with jokes about sexual molestation and sadomasochism, the movie features extreme shock comedy. The original cut received a NC-17 rating, though subsequent cuts downgraded the film to R.
6. CatwomanAnother fail for Marvel characters, Halle Berry embodied the title role in Catwoman. The film won four Razzie Awards, and made Roger Ebert's “most hated” list. It has a 10% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
7. ShowgirlsShowgirls, which featured Elizabeth Berkley in the title role, was a major commercial and critical flop. The promotional content for the movie emphasized the overt sexual overtones of the film. In the end, perhaps that's what led the NC-17 to make a measly $37 million at the worldwide box office.
8. Monster a Go-GoMovie flops are hardly a new occurrence. In this movie from 1965, an astronaut disappears after his space shuttle crashes on earth. The movie began production and abruptly stopped when it ran out of money. Production commenced once again down the road, though many of the original characters didn't come back. This led to a disjointed film that feels like a total mess.
9. Pledge ThisFeaturing Paris Hilton in the title role, Pledge This was not a commercial success. Critics weren't kind either, calling Hilton's portrayal of a sorority queen ridiculous and her acting pathetic. The movie's makers later sued Hilton for allegedly not promoting the film as much as she should have.
10. Battlefield Earth
Author Bio: Frederick is guest blogger and movie reviewer also interested in art, registry mechanic and music.